CARRIAGE OF PASSENGERS
Updated September 8, 2020
All travel on, and transactions with Brightline Trains Florida LLC (f/k/a Virgin Trains USA Florida LLC) ("Brightline" or "we" or "us" or “ours”) are governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Passengers and guests agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any Federal District Court located in the Southern District of Florida, Miami, Florida, and waive jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Each party waives all rights to trial by jury regarding any dispute that results in litigation.
We reserve the right to update or revise this agreement at any time without prior notice, and you agree that we may do so. Your continued use of this service following an update to this agreement signifies your acceptance of its revised terms.
Tickets & Reservations
To purchase a Brightline ticket, you must be at least 13 years old. A ticket is only valid for carriage, also known as transport, for the ticketed reservation date(s) and time(s). If a passenger does not board the train, the passenger forfeits the train reservation. Boarding begins at approx. 10 minutes prior to the train’s departure time. Boarding closes at our turnstiles four (4) minutes prior to departure.
For SELECT train tickets, Brightline station garage parking is complimentary for up to one (1) day, commencing on the day of arrival in the garage, with complimentary validation expiring at 2:59 am the following morning. Thereafter, retail garage rates apply. To redeem this benefit, SELECT must be the departure travel class and ticket must be booked via GoBrightline.com or the Brightline App.
SELECT passengers may access the SELECT lounge only within two (2) hours of their departure(s). SELECT lounge access is not permitted upon arrival(s). The SELECT lounge provides a complimentary experience while in the lounge. Guests should not remove large quantities of food or beverages from the lounge. Excessive consumption of alcohol and/or excessive removal of food and/or beverages from the SELECT lounge may result in fines and/or being denied transport. Only passengers at least 21 years of age, can consume and purchase alcohol. SELECT passengers, like all passengers and guests entering and/or residing on our property, agree to, and are required to, abide by Brightline’s Code of Conduct. Access to a station conference room is on a first-come, first serve basis for SELECT ticket holders and is subject to availability. See our station personnel if interested in booking the room. If not a SELECT passenger, please contact [email protected] for availability and to reserve a station conference room.
Reservations are required to travel on our trains. Reservations can be made online at GoBrightline.com, via the Brightline App, our in-station kiosks or at the in-station Guest Services counter and as a result, valid tickets will be issued. Resale and/or transfer of a Brightline ticket is prohibited, and any such resale and/or transfer is void. Any such unauthorized resale and/or transfer will result in cancellation of the ticket and/or refusal of entry to the holder hereof without refund.
Tickets are issued for each reservation and are necessary to pass through in-station turnstiles to board the train. Multiple reservations are welcome. If you have an existing reservation, additional reservations for the same day, from the same departure city, are limited to every two (2) hours.
App reservations purchased with Easy Book enabled allows signed in users to skip the checkout process. Choosing a train will automatically charge your chosen card for instant booking. This feature requires a saved credit card in your account and is currently available via Next Train on the Brightline App. By enabling Easy Book, users agree to our Terms of Service. At any time, users can enable or disable Easy Book found within the Brightline App Next Train settings.
Upgrades, when available, can be made 90 mins prior to your departure for refundable tickets or 60 minutes for non-refundable tickets. Upgrades are a flat-rate fee and are non-refundable. Passengers can upgrade to SELECT via today’s ticket available on the Brightline app, and at our in-station kiosks and our Guest Services counters. Upgrading to SELECT includes full access to SELECT amenities, with the exception of complimentary parking and baggage fees.
Code of Conduct
Every guest entering our property is required to abide by our Code of Conduct, agreeing to:
- Standing at least two (2) feet from the edge of the train platform;
- Not sitting on the platform;
- Not walking on or jumping down onto train tracks, including when there is no train in sight;
- Not forcing train doors open;
- Allowing passengers to exit the train before boarding;
- Reporting any unattended packages to a Brightline security officer, or to station or train personnel;
- Not soliciting—soliciting of any kind is strictly prohibited on our property;
- Not engaging in disruptive, disturbing behavior, including having loud conversations, using profane language or operating an electric device without the use of headphones;
- Not obstructing, hindering or interfering with the train crew or any of our personnel in the performance of their duties.
In addition to our Code of Conduct, in order to ensure the quality of travel and the safety and security of its passengers, we may refuse to carry passengers, including but not limited to, those:
- Who have not paid the applicable fare and/or fees;
- Who presents a Brightline ticket purchased from an unauthorized third party. Any ticket purchased from an unauthorized third party is void. The ticket holder will not be eligible for travel aboard our trains or for a refund;
- Whose conduct is objectionable (such as, but not limited to, being under the influence of alcohol or narcotics);
- Who consume alcohol that is not sold and/or distributed by us;
- Who consume or attempt to consume alcohol under the age of 21
- Who have illegal narcotics in their possession;
- Whose personal hygiene makes them offensive;
- Who refuses to comply with our dress code. We enforce a dress code to ensure a safe, comfortable space for everyone. Appropriate attire is required; bathing suits are not permitted. Shirtless, bottomless and/or barefoot guests will not be permitted access to our facilities;
- Who smoke (including but not limited to cigars, cigarettes, and e-cigarettes) in-station or on board. No smoking of any kind is allowed on our property—including stations, trains, parking and other facilities;
- Who pose a health, safety or security hazard to other passengers, guests or our personnel;
- Who refuses to comply with our Code of Conduct, safety or security rules or with the instruction of our personnel;
- Who cannot travel independently, without assistance and would require our personnel to provide personal care services.
- Who refuse to consent to our security inspections of persons and/or baggage on board our trains and/or designated areas, such as, but not limited to, train platforms;
- Who write, mark, scribble, deface or vandalize our property in any manner;
- Who tamper with emergency windows or tools/equipment (unless there is an emergency) or enter, or attempt to enter, any area not open to the public, including but not limited to: locomotive and locomotive cabs; closed-off areas; mechanical or equipment rooms; concession stands or kiosks; storage areas; interior rooms; emergency stairways (except in cases of an emergency); tracks; train yards; depots; or any area marked with a sign restricting access or indicating a dangerous environment.
Our personnel or other authorized representatives may remove such a passenger from our property as necessary under the circumstances, for any of the above reasons. Passengers and guests who violate the Code of Conduct or any provision of this section are subject to penalties, including fines and criminal penalties, and may be denied transport and/or access to our facilities.
Non-revenue passengers refer to our personnel, their eligible dependents and other exempt personnel or guests of ours who travel by our train free of charge or at a reduced rate, with the exception of any applicable fees. Such passengers require a reservation to board and travel, must follow our Terms of Service and are encouraged to review our personnel travel policy prior to travel.
Every effort will be made to seat non-revenue passengers, but only after all revenue passengers have been assigned seats. Booked non-revenue passengers may need to forfeit travel to accommodate revenue passengers and if applicable will be notified accordingly. Non-revenue passengers are not entitled to service recovery compensation or other amenities related to trip interruptions or schedule changes. Liability limits shall be the same for non-revenue as revenue passengers.
The following items are not permitted on our property, including on board the train, in either carry-on or checked baggage:
- Firearms to include but not limited to handgun, shotgun, rifle, BB gun and starter pistols.
- Incendiary devices, including but not limited to: flammable gases; liquids; fuels; fireworks; gunpowder or other explosive devices
- Canisters, tanks or other devices containing propellants
- Oxygen equipment for medical reasons is allowed on board (please see safety and security personnel for assistance)
- Gasoline-powered hand tools
- Flares or flare guns
- Batteries with acid that can spill or leak. Such batteries that would power mobility assistance vehicles are allowed.
- Corrosive or dangerous chemicals or materials, including but not limited to: liquid bleach; tear gas; electronic control devices (stun guns and Taser guns); radioactive or harmful biological material.
- Mace or Pepper Sprays
- Sharp objects, including but not limited to: knives; straight razors; ice picks; axes; and swords.
- Bow, crossbow and/or arrows
Passengers failing to meet the above-mentioned requirements will be denied transportation.
Firearms, ammunition and/or weapons are not permitted on our property to include stations, facilities, garages and trains.
Precaution for Those with Allergies
We are unable to guarantee a peanut-free or allergen-free environment. Guests and passengers with allergies must be able to take all necessary medical precautions including, but not limited to, carrying epinephrine auto-injectors at all times and being knowledgeable on how to self-administer.
FARES & FEES
We offer a variety of train fares. Fares vary based on demand, travel class, date, time, fare and other travel preferences. The advertised fare is the lowest available fare at that time. Unless otherwise advertised, tickets are refundable up to one (1) year from the date of purchase or more than 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure, whichever comes first. Tickets are nontransferable. Alternatively, non-refundable tickets purchased are nonrefundable.
Changes to your reservation may affect the fare and fees may apply when tickets are reissued. In the event that an erroneous fare is inadvertently published for sale and a ticket is issued at the erroneous fare, we reserve the right to cancel the ticket for a full refund, or upon request, reissue the ticket for the correct fare.
Some fares may be discounted with promotional codes or passenger discounts. Promotional and passenger-related discounts cannot be combined. Limit one (1) passenger-related discount per passenger, if and as applicable.
Forms of Payment
We do not accept cash in-station or on board. We do not accept PIN-based debit cards. For the convenience of our passengers, we accept Brightline one-way rides and Brightline credits, as well as credit cards from the following merchants: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. All charges are in U.S. dollars.
Brightline credits issued or received for use of our service have a specific expiration date, bear no cash value and are nontransferable. Brightline credits are an accepted form of payment for Brightline reservations, Train-to-Port packages and upgrades.
When signed in during booking, Brightline Account Holders can apply available credits and one-way rides to pay for applicable train reservations. We automatically apply active train passes to pay for applicable train reservations for signed in Account Holders
The following carry-on fees will be charged at reservation checkout as applicable. The following checked fees will be charged at the in-station Guest Services counter upon check-in as applicable.
Fees are subject to change without notice and may be waived during limited introductory or promotional periods. Restrictions apply. See policies for details regarding allowances, dimensions, weight and more.
General Baggage Fees
|Travel Class: Smart|
|Travel Class: Select|
*Overweight items are subject to a $20 fee.
View the Baggage Policy for terms and conditions.
Sports Equipment Fees
|Travel Class: Smart|
Limit one (1) of each type
Limit one (1) of each type
|Travel Class: Select|
Limit one (1) of each type
Limit one (1) of each type
View the Sports Equipment Policy for terms and conditions.
|Travel Class: Smart|
Limit one (1)
Limit one (1)
|Travel Class: Select|
Limit one (1)
Limit one (1)
View the Pet Policy for terms and conditions.
Our reservations may be discounted with promotional codes or passenger discounts such as customer/corporate programs, pass products, age and/or affiliation, etc. Promotional codes and passenger-related discounts cannot be combined. Limit one (1) passenger-related discount per passenger, if and as applicable.
Discounts may vary based on eligibility, travel, fare, route and time of purchase. Additional restrictions may apply. Our passenger discounts may be further discounted based on limited-time promotional periods.
Active Duty Military & Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) – Ride free
- Active duty military and LEOs in uniform may ride complimentary in SMART with a reservation. To make a reservation, go to any of our station Guest Services' counters during business hours. Be sure to be in uniform and present a valid ID in order to receive the stated discount.
Veterans – Save 10%
- A 10% discount is available to active military and veterans traveling in SMART. When making a reservation, claim the applicable affiliation to receive the stated discount. If requested, please have ID available.
NARP Members – Save 10%
- A 10% discount is available to NARP members traveling in SMART. When making a reservation, claim the applicable affiliation to receive the stated discount. If requested, please have ID available.
Seniors (65+) – Save 10%
- A 10% discount is available to seniors (65+) traveling in SMART and SELECT. When making a reservation, enter the correct date of birth to receive the stated discount. If requested, please have ID available.
Children (2–12) – Save 50%
- A 50% discount is available for up to two (2) children (2–12 years old) per adult traveling in SMART. When making a reservation, enter the correct date of birth to receive the stated discount.
Infants (Under 2) – Ride free
- Infants (under 2 years old) traveling in the lap of an adult (13+) passenger ride free. An infant traveling free may occupy a vacant adjacent seat only if the seat is not needed for a fare-paying passenger. Advance notice required. Be sure to add infants to your reservation passenger details.
- Additional infants under the age of 2 accompanied by an adult traveler require a seat and are eligible to receive the 50% off under the Children’s discount.
Students & Faculty – Save 30%
- A 30% discount is available to students and faculty traveling in SMART. Restrictions apply. See offer details.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
We will notify the user who made the reservation of any delay or cancellation affecting their reservation. Failure to provide an accurate email address when making train reservations will result in our inability to communicate directly with users regarding delays, cancellations or other schedule changes. We bear no responsibility to notify users who do not provide an accurate email address.
There are no change or cancellation fees on refundable tickets. On non-refundable tickets, there is a 15% change fee on the train fare per one-way train.
Changes may affect the fare and you will be charged any price difference between your original booking and the cost of your new booking. Please note that if the fare on the new train is lower, no refund is due on non-refundable tickets. Any ticket can be changed prior to scanning through the station turnstile or train departure, whichever comes first.
Non-refundable SMART and SELECT tickets are nonrefundable.
Refundable SMART tickets canceled more than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled train departure are fully refundable. Refundable SELECT tickets canceled more than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled train departure are fully refundable, only if the ticket was not used to enter the SELECT lounge. Eligible refunds will be issued to the original form(s) of payment. A refund fee may apply if stated at time of purchase. Cancellations made within 30 minutes of scheduled departure will cancel the entire reservation and are non-refundable. In this instance, the passenger may change the ticket or forfeit the value of the ticket.
Reservations canceled by Brightline will be automatically rebooked on the next available train(s), when available, at no charge and Brightline credits will be issued to the ticket holder for future use. If the ticket was purchased while signed into a Brightline Account, credits will automatically appear within the account within one (1) business day. If the ticket was purchased not signed into a Brightline Account, we’ll email credit voucher codes to the email address provided during booking. The email will come from [email protected]—please check your junk mail.
If you believe you’re eligible for credits not received, please contact us at [email protected] with the following information to request a credit: Name(s) on ticket(s), date of reservation and ticket #.
Credits issued vary based on the severity of the delay due to cancellation and expire within 90 days of issuance. Upgrade fees are non-refundable.
Up to two (2) carry-on items per passenger are allowed on board our trains, subject to space availability. Each item must not exceed 40 lbs. (18 kg) in weight and 28" x 22" x 14" (71 x 56 x 35 cm) in exterior dimensions. Items must fit comfortably within the overhead luggage area, under the seat or in the luggage tower available in each train coach. Items may not be stored in empty seats, aisles, vestibules or other areas where they present a safety hazard or cause annoyance to other passengers. We will determine in its sole discretion which items may impact the safety, well-being or comfort of other passengers and reserves the right to move or deny the storage of any item.
Additional small personal items needed for the duration of the trip may be carried on the train and will not count toward the carry-on allowance. Such items include but are not limited to:
- Required medical devices and containers
- Pillows, blankets and outer garments
- Small briefcases and purses
- Non-alcoholic liquids and food
The following items are also not counted against the per-passenger limit:
- Strollers, car seats and/or booster seats
- Assistive/mobility devices for individuals with a disability. If riding in your wheelchair, be sure to add this to your passenger details when booking rides. Wheelchairs can also be checked at Guest Services with no charge.
Excess baggage or baggage exceeding the weight and dimension limits will be handled as checked items and may be subject to a fee. Please refer to fee schedule.
Strollers, Car Seats & Booster Seats
Strollers, car seats and booster seats may be carried on board and will not count towards the passenger’s carry-on allowance. While on board, strollers must be stowed in the luggage tower. In the absence of storage space, strollers may be required to be checked at the platform at no charge.
Musical instruments may be carried on board as part of a passenger’s carry-on allowance and may not exceed 64" in height. We disclaim liability for instruments traveling as checked items.
Required medical devices may accompany a passenger without fee and will not count toward the passenger’s carry-on allowance. Specifically, oxygen equipment transport is only permitted for passengers with a medical necessity and under the following conditions:
- The equipment is able to operate a minimum of two (2) hours without electrical power (in the event of a power disruption);
- Equipment is listed as Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) or Factory Mutual (FM);
- The total weight of all tanks needed does not exceed 100 lbs. (45 kg).
The first (1st) checked bag for all passengers is complimentary. Fees may apply for additional checked items, based on travel class—see fee schedule. Checked baggage is subject to space availability.
Items may not exceed 50 lbs. (22 kg) and 33" x 22" x 15" (84 x 56 x 38 cm) in exterior dimensions. Overweight luggage is defined as luggage between 51–70 lbs. No luggage in excess of 70 lbs. (31 kg) will be accepted. View fee schedule for overweight fees. One (1) wheelchair per ticketed passenger can be checked at Guest Services at no charge. Advance notice required; be sure to add to your reservation passenger details. Passengers may also choose to ride in their wheelchair.
Baggage must be checked at the in-station Guest Services counter 10 minutes prior to the passenger’s train departure time. For those traveling on a Train-to-Port Package, baggage must be checked at least 30 minutes prior to departure. No baggage will be accepted any earlier than four (4) hours prior to departure. Baggage cut-off times are implemented to ensure baggage arrives on time to its destination. Passengers must present their items to our Guest Services team for check-in no later than the stated cut-off times.
Passengers with checked items will be issued a baggage claim ticket. Baggage will be tagged with the corresponding passenger information and destination for easy retrieval at your arrival station. Be sure to personally carry-on any important documentation (passports, Visas, I.D.), valuables, medications and items which require special handling.
We reserve the right to refuse items whose size, weight or character makes it unsuitable for transportation on the train. Checked baggage will be accepted for transportation only on trains in which a passenger is traveling. All baggage (checked and carried-on) is subject to inspection by our qualified security officers.
- We disclaim any liability for damaged baggage or other items traveling on board our trains even if our personnel has assisted in the loading or unloading of such items/baggage.
- We are not responsible for checked baggage containing electronics, music instruments, cash, cash equivalents, jewelry or prescription medicine.
- We do not assume liability for the following items on board the train whether they are being transported as checked or carry-on items, and regardless of whether we were informed or should have known of the presence of such items. If any such items are lost, damaged or delayed, passengers will not be entitled to any reimbursement under our standard luggage liability, or under any declared excess valuation. Items include, but are not limited to:
- Antiques; artifacts; artwork; books and documents; china; computers and other electronic equipment; computer software; musical instruments; fragile items (including child/infant restraint devices such as strollers and car seats); eyeglasses; prescription sunglasses; non-prescription sunglasses and all other eyewear and eye/vision devices whether lenses are glass, plastic, or some other material; furs; heirlooms; keys; liquids; medicines; money; orthotics; surgical support devices; perishable items; photographic, video and optical equipment; precious metals, stones or jewelry; securities and negotiable papers; silverware; samples; unique or irreplaceable items or any other similar valuable items.
- Passengers with disabilities traveling with wheelchairs or other mobility devices are exempt from liability restrictions for loss or damage to these items. If damage is caused by us, such items shall be repaired or replaced, up to the actual replacement cost for the item.
- We assume no liability for minor damage to checked baggage such as scratches, scuffs, stains, dents, cuts and dirt resulting from normal wear and tear.
- We assume no responsibility for damage to or loss of protruding baggage parts such as wheels, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks or other items attached to the baggage.
- We assume no liability for any indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive or special damages resulting from loss, damage or delayed delivery of checked or transferred baggage, including, without limitation, damages for lost revenue or profits, loss of use or business interruption.
- We may disallow any claim for loss or damage which contains misrepresentations, including false statements concerning whether the passenger or guest has made previous claims with us. We may also disallow claims when the passenger or guest fails to provide proof of loss in the form of receipts of purchase or comparable evidence of loss.
- Legal action premised on or related to damage, delay or loss must be commenced within 30 days of the date of the incident.
Missing, Lost or Delayed Items
Items missing from checked baggage must be reported to us within 24 hours of the receipt of the bag. Please visit Ileftmystuff.com to report an item lost on board or in one of our stations within 24 hours, although we recommend that all passengers endeavor to report the lost/delayed bag or item within one (1) hour of the passenger’s arrival at their destination. Enter the Brightline client identification number, 12342, and complete the form to file your report. If your item is found, you will receive an email with details on how to retrieve your item. Reports are kept on file for 90 days.
Our liability for loss of checked baggage or lost items within the checked baggage is limited to the actual value of the item or $500, whichever is less. Passengers experiencing a delay of checked baggage longer than eight (8) hours may be reimbursed for immediate necessity items such as clothing, toiletries and medicine, in an amount up to $100 per day for a maximum of five (5) days.
Failure to report delayed or damaged baggage or missing contents within the prescribed time limit of 24 hours releases us from liability. All baggage not retrieved by passengers will be disposed of in accordance with Florida state law.
Each passenger is limited to one (1) of each type of sports equipment, regardless of choice in stowage (carry-on or checked). Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis at the time of booking. Some equipment items can only be checked. Subject to availability.
To bring sports equipment, including bikes and golf clubs, be sure to add the appropriate item to your reservation details and choose whether you’ll carry-on or check the item. Carry-on items are to be stowed in the coach luggage tower. Fees may apply—see fee schedule.
Motorcycles and motor scooters are not accepted for transport.
- The size of general sports equipment traveling as a carry-on may not exceed 64 linear inches (162 linear cm) or weigh more than 40 lbs. (18 kg).
- The size of general sports equipment traveling checked may not exceed 70 linear inches (178 linear cm.) or weigh more than 50 lbs. (22 kg). Fees may apply—see fee schedule.
- Bicycles may be transported as checked baggage. The bike must be presented for transport in a bicycle container otherwise we assume no liability.
- Golf equipment may be transported as checked baggage. It must be presented for transport in a full-length protective case or cover.
- Empty scuba gear may be transported as checked baggage. Passengers traveling with a regulator valve must ensure that it is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder must have an opening to allow visual inspection. The maximum size cannot exceed 70 linear inches (178 linear cm) or weigh more than 50 lbs. (22 kg).
- Surfboards and wakeboards may be checked. Boards must be presented for transport in a full-length protective case or cover. Items should not exceed 70 linear inches (178 linear cm.) or weigh more than 50 lbs. (22 kg).
ANIMALS IN STATION & ON BOARD
Dogs and cats are welcome and must be leashed or crated at all times when in or around our stations—a pet relief area is available outside our West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale stations.
Dogs and cats are the only pets that are permitted to travel on our trains. Passengers must provide advance notice that they will be traveling with a dog or cat. Be sure to add the appropriate animal to your reservation passenger details and choose whether you’ll carry-on or check your pet. Failure to add your dog and cat to your reservation may result in refusal to allow your pet on the train. Availability is limited and based on a first come, first served basis at the time of booking. Fees may apply—see fee schedule. Our personnel may inquire as to whether the pet has been added to the reservation passenger details and may request to review a “fit to travel” certificate issued by a registered veterinarian or proof of the animal's current vaccines.
Passengers checking pets are advised to plan extra time in their travel schedule. Please check pets in at the in-station Guest Services counter with pet secured in the pet carrier.
- Adults (13+) may bring one (1) pet per passenger.
- Carry-on pets may only travel inside a pet carrier as follows:
- If the pet is traveling under your seat (or on your lap), the size of the carrier may not exceed 17" x 10" x 10".
- If the pet is traveling in the coach luggage tower, the size of the carrier may not exceed 28" x 20.5" x 21.5".
Each passenger is responsible for the care and supervision of the pet they are traveling with. If the pet is disruptive or uncontrollable, we may require passengers to remove the pet and place it in the checked baggage hold.
Please know that we do not have carry-on pet carriers available.
- Adults (13+) may check one (1) pet per passenger.
- Checked pets may only travel inside a pet carrier that meets the following requirements:
- Carrier does not exceed 32" x 22.5" x 24" and includes room for the occupying pet to stand, turn, sit and lie in a natural position.
- The total weight (carrier with a pet) not to exceed 70 lbs.
- Be made of wood, metal, plastic or similar materials.
- Be secured at the top and bottom with bolts or screws (if the carrier is designed as a two-piece), and have a door made of welded or cast metal.
- Be leak- and escape-proof with a securely fastened door and have ventilation on the door and two sides.
- Have separate food and water dishes attached securely inside the carrier (so that, if needed, pets can be fed without opening the carrier), and have a small bag of food for a 24-hour period attached to the crate.
- Be clean and have absorbent material or litter (no straw, hay or wood shavings).
As a courtesy to our passengers traveling with checked pets, we offer two (2) carriers on a first come, first served basis at Guest Services—a large-sized carrier measuring 32" x 22.5" x 24" and a medium-sized carrier measuring 28" x 20.5" x 21.5". All checked pets must travel in a carrier even if one is not available for their use at the station.
Service & Emotional Support Animals
We accept service animals accompanying persons with disabilities at no charge. We require advanced notice if you will be travelling with a service animal. Passengers traveling with service animals are required to add the service animal to their reservation passenger details. A service animal must sit under the passenger’s seat, at his or her feet, or on the passenger’s lap. For safety reasons, service animals are not permitted to sit in the aisle or in an empty seat. The service animal may not obstruct an aisle or other area used for emergency evacuations. In the event the service animal is too large to sit under the seat, at the passenger's feet, or on the passenger's lap, it is recommended that the animal be checked without charge, and the policy regarding checked pets be followed. Should the presence of the service animal be required by a passenger for the equal use and enjoyment of any of our facilities, accommodations will be made for the service animal to remain by its owner.
Our personnel may inquire as to whether the service animal has been added to the reservation.
If the service animal is disruptive or uncontrollable, we may require the passenger to remove the animal and place it in the checked baggage hold. The passenger must keep his or her service animal leashed, harnessed or tethered while on the train or on our property, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the person’s disability prevents use of these devices. In that case, the person must use voice, signal or other effective means to maintain control of the service animal.
The service animal’s handler is responsible for caring for and supervising the service animal, including toileting and feeding. Unless absolutely necessary, we request that passengers traveling with service animals refrain from feeding their animal on the train. We offer pet relief areas at the Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach stations. Please confirm with our personnel whether there is sufficient time at a stop to walk your animal.
Emotional Support Animals
Definition: A comfort or emotional support animal is a dog or cat that is NOT trained to perform a specific task, but which is said to provide emotional support or to relieve stress or anxiety simply by its presence, for example, by a passenger holding or stroking the animal.
Comfort animals and Emotional Support animals are NOT considered service animals. We only permit dogs and cats as comfort or emotional support animals. No other animal is allowed on board a train as a comfort or emotional support animal. Passengers may travel with a comfort or emotional support animal without a carrier, provided the guest provides supporting documentation that the dog or cat provides emotional support. Advance notice is required. Be sure to add the appropriate animal to your reservation passenger details. Our personnel may inquire whether the animal has been added to a guest's reservation and to review the supporting documentation including but not limited to, a “fit to travel” certificate issued by a registered veterinarian or proof of the animal's current vaccines.
Comfort and emotional support animals may accompany a passenger on board if they can be accommodated without obstructing an aisle or other area used for emergency evacuations. The animal must sit under the passenger's seat, at his or her feet, or on the passenger's laps. In the event the comfort or emotional support animal is too large, the animal must be checked (without charge) and the policy regarding checked pets will be followed.
The passenger must keep his or her comfort or emotional support animal leashed, harnessed or tethered while on the train or on our property, unless these devices interfere with the animal’s ability to provide emotional support. In that case, the person must use voice, signal or other effective means to maintain control of the animal. If the animal is disruptive or uncontrollable, we may require the passenger to remove the animal and place it in the checked baggage hold. The guest is responsible for caring for and supervising the comfort or emotional support animal, including toileting and feeding. Unless absolutely necessary, we request that passengers travelling with comfort or emotional support animals refrain from feeding their animal on the train. We offer pet relief areas at the Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach stations. Please confirm with our personnel whether there is sufficient time at a stop to walk your animal.
Minors under 13 years old may not travel unaccompanied. They must travel with another passenger who is at least 18 years old. Children age 13 and above may ride alone, but we strongly suggest that they carry identification showing their name, address, home phone number and the name and phone number of the person who will be meeting them. Only children under 12 and under are eligible to receive a Children's fare discount.
Owner: 3MC Parking LLC
Parking Operator: Lanier Parking
Address: 161 NW 6th Street, Miami, Florida 33136
Fort Lauderdale Station
Owner: DTS FLL Parking LLC
Parking Operator: Lanier Parking
Address: 101 NW 2nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
West Palm Beach Station
Owner: WPB Rosemary LLC
Parking Operator: Lanier Parking
Address: 511 Evernia Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Rules & Regulations
- Garage hours shall be as posted in the Garage. Owner shall have the right to change hours of operation of the Garage from time to time.
- Parking spaces may be used only for parking automobiles. No parking of scooters or motorcycles is permitted.
- All directional signs, arrows and lane markings must be strictly observed.
- The speed limit shall be 5 miles per hour (mph) or as otherwise posted.
- Any malicious use or use of parking privileges to grant access to any unauthorized users of the Garage shall result in immediate loss of parking privileges with no credit or refund.
- All vehicles parked in the Garage must be in working, “road-worthy” condition and properly registered and insured in accordance with all applicable laws.
- All parkers are required to comply with applicable law in the use of the Garage.
- Parking is permitted only in spaces that are NOT designated as “Office Parking Only”, in accordance with the posted signs. The absence of a “No Parking” sign does not mean parking is permissible in any other area.
- Parking privileges may be canceled, in Owner’s sole and absolute discretion, in the event that any vehicle is brought into the Garage by any parker that is damaged and has the potential to damage other vehicles located in the Garage.
- The following practices are prohibited and may result in the loss of parking privileges:
(a) Parking in areas designated as “Office Parking Only”
(b) Parking a vehicle in the Garage without a valid permit
(c) Unauthorized use of an electrical outlet anywhere in the Garage
(e) Parking beyond the painted lines of a single space
(f) Unauthorized parking in a reserved space or a space designated for disabled persons
(g) Parking on sidewalks, curbs, crosswalks, or in driveways, roadways, or other areas that are not designated for parking
(h) Obstructing drive lanes or spaces
(i) Parking in driveways, roadways, ramps, cross-hatched areas, areas not striped for parking, aisles, areas where “no parking” signs are posted, loading zones, or such other areas as may be designated by Owner or Parking Operator
(j) Parking in a manner or a place that obstructs traffic or blocks parked vehicles
(k) Parking in areas or spaces closed by use of traffic cones or other traffic control devices
(l) Washing, servicing, maintaining or repairing of any in motor vehicles inside the Garage, except for emergency repairs and for service approved by Owner or Parking Operator
(m) Soliciting or distributing posters, flyers, or handbills
(n) Scooter and motorcycle parking
- Neither Owner nor Parking Operator shall have any obligation to issue warning citations for any infraction of these Rules or Regulations. If Owner or Parking Operator elects to issue a warning citation for a particular infraction, neither shall be required to issue a warning citation for any subsequent infraction prior to taking enforcement action. Continued infractions may result in the loss of parking privileges.
- At all times, use of Garage is at a vehicle operator’s own risk and responsibility. Vehicle operators must assure that unattended vehicles are locked at all times, and are urged to keep valuables out of sight. Neither Owner nor Parking Operator is responsible for damages or losses.
- All vehicles must be parked "head in", backing into spaces Is prohibited at all times.
Registration of Vehicles, Assigned Parking or Reserved Parking
- Registration of the vehicle’s license plate information is required for any vehicle parked in the Garage.
- Owner reserves the right to issue and require each vehicle operator to display a Parking Hang Tag (“PHT”) and/or a parking decal (“Decal”) on the applicable vehicle in addition to collecting license plate and/or other vehicle information.
- The registration of the vehicle’s license plate information and/or the display of an issued PHT and/or Decal, as required by Owner, grants the vehicle’s operator a license to park in the Garage, conditioned on the timely payment of parking fees and any additional charges that may be due, and compliance with these Rules and Regulations and the rules and regulations promulgated by Parking Operator, as amended from time to time. Owner reserves the right to cancel parking privileges at any time, due to the vehicle operator’s failure to abide by these Rules and Regulations and/or the rules and regulations promulgated by Parking Operator, as amended from time to time, and/or other related violations.
- The registration of the vehicle’s license plate information and/or the display of an issued PHT and/or Decal, as required by Owner, will allow a vehicle’s operator access to and from the Garage.
- In the event that a PHT is issued, a vehicle’s operator will be solely responsible for the cost to replace any lost, stolen or damaged PHT. The vehicle’s operator must contact Parking Operator to purchase a replacement PHT. In no event will Owner or Parking Operator be responsible for value, loss or costs incurred, or for the inability of a vehicle’s operator to use the Garage, due to lost, stolen, damaged, or defective PHT, nor shall parking fees be prorated, refunded, or otherwise reduced by reason thereof.
- In the event that a Decal is issued, the Decal must be applied to the rear window or rear bumper of the vehicle operator’s vehicle. The vehicle operator will be solely responsible for the cost of replacement Decals. The vehicle operator must contact Parking Operator to purchase replacement Decals. In no event will Owner or Parking Operator be responsible for value, loss or costs incurred, or for the inability of a vehicle’s operator to use the Garage, due to lost, stolen, damaged, or defective Decal, nor shall parking fees be prorated, refunded, or otherwise reduced by reason thereof.
- Parking privileges may not be transferred, assigned, or resold.
- Parking is available throughout the Garage on multiple floors. Oversized vehicles with Disabled Parking Permits have access to four spaces on the first floor, on a first come, first served basis.
- Owner and Parking Operator shall attempt to accommodate the needs of vehicle operators with vehicles requiring electric charging but make no commitment and/or guarantee that electric power for charging is available. Unauthorized use of electrical outlets anywhere in the Garage will result in the loss of parking privileges.
Vehicles used by our employees, vendors and visitors and others who park at non-metered locations must be registered with us prior to entering the Garage and using our marked parking spaces. Registration can be completed through our HR department or through designated administrative staff charged with registering visitor and vendor vehicles for individual departments.
Failure to abide by any of the provisions of these Parking Garage Rules and Regulations shall be considered a parking infraction. The Parking Operator or Parking Owner may penalize such parking infractions through use of warnings, citations and fines, vehicle immobilization (Booting), towing and any other means authorized by applicable law.
- Vehicles are subject to towing or to immobilization at vehicle owner’s expense for the following violations:
(a) Unauthorized use of parking credentials
(b) Parking or access to deck by fraud
(c) Blocking traffic, crosswalks, sidewalks, or disabled ramps
(d) Unauthorized parking in a reserved space
- Towing or Booting fees vary according to regulations, type of vehicle, location and company. If a third-party towing or booting company is used, the charge will be contingent upon the company's fees. Vehicle owners will be charged a fee for release from immobilization. Immobilized vehicles may be towed if no arrangements have been made for their release within 24 hours following immobilization. Vehicle owner shall be solely responsible for all associated expenses.
- A vehicle will be considered abandoned if it has been in the same place for longer than three (3) days. If traveling for business, please notify the Parking Operator in advance.
- Enforcement hours: Metered and assigned parking is enforced 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays unless otherwise indicated by signage.
Parking for special events shall be coordinated with Parking Operator. For more information on special event parking please contact Ben Machado at [email protected]
Seating is assigned on all of our trains. The automatic assignment of seats is made without regard to race, color, gender, creed or national origin. If you want to edit your seat, passengers are welcome to do so during the booking process and after tickets have been issued. Editing seating is no longer available after the passenger scans through the turnstiles. Editing seats is subject to availability and free of charge.
We offer large, hand-stitched leather seats that recline for your comfort alongside full windows on our trains. Passengers have the option of sitting two (2) together or four (4) together at a table in SMART. SELECT also offers the option of sitting two (2) together or in individual seats. Passengers can ride forward facing or backward facing. Passengers also have the choice of riding in their wheelchair—advance notice required; be sure to add to your reservation details.
We will monitor seating of passengers to ensure compliance with the following policies:
- Each fare-paying passenger has an assigned reserved seat and is required to sit in that seat. Failure to comply may result in the passenger being denied transport.
- We reserve the right, whenever operational conditions require, to transfer passengers from one coach or train to another prior to departure and en route.
GROUP TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
A group is defined by us as a party size of 16 or more passengers traveling together. Groups are eligible to receive at least 20% off SMART train fares. Discounts vary based on demand, travel class, date, time and other travel preferences. Group travel is available in our SMART or SELECT travel classes. For a group reservation or to generate a real-time quote, complete this form or contact [email protected] Additional group restrictions are as follows:
- A group request must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the desired departure.
- Online-generated group quotes are an estimate. A member of our Group Sales team will be in contact within 24 hours to finalize the price of travel based on your preferences and available rates.
- A non-refundable 25% deposit is required to hold a group reservation. Payment can be made via credit card or check. If a deposit is not received within seven (7) days of receiving a quote, the quote expires.
- Group reservations canceled or changed within 24 hours of departure are non-refundable.
- Groups are responsible for completing passenger details at least 24 hours prior to departure for all passengers on the reservation. Passenger details include first and last name, gender and date of birth.
- Group discounts cannot be combined with other promotional or passenger-related discounts. If applicable, Groups are responsible for paying the cost of parking at our stations.
FORCE MAJEURE EVENT
We may, in the event of a force majeure event, without notice, cancel, terminate, divert, postpone, delay any train or the right of carriage without liability. Without prejudice to any of its rights, we reserve the right, in the case of a force majeure event, at its sole discretion and without the legal obligation, to issue a refund or a credit for future travel to a ticketed passenger. The refund will be made to the original form(s) of payment in accordance with refund rules for any unused portion of the ticket.
Force Majeure Event means:
- Any condition beyond our control including, but without limitation: meteorological conditions; acts of nature; rail accidents; riots; civil commotion; embargoes; wars; hostilities; or disturbances—actual, threatened or reported. Also, because of any delay, demand, circumstances or requirement due, directly or indirectly to such conditions, or
- Any strike, work stoppage, slowdown, lockout or any other labor-related dispute involving or affecting our services, or
- Any government regulation, demand or requirement, or
- Any shortage of labor, fuel or facilities of ours or others, or
- Any fact not reasonably foreseen, anticipated or predicted by us
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Our fares, train schedules, equipment, routing, services and information (hereinafter “our services”) are not guaranteed and are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and we disclaim all warranties, express or implied.
We further specifically disclaim liability for any inconvenience, expense, or damages, incidental, canceled or punitive, lost profits, loss business or otherwise, resulting from errors in its timetable, shortages of equipment, or due to canceled or delayed trains.
We also disclaim any liability for the products and/or services of our advertisers, business partners, sponsors, suppliers, licensors, vendors, agents or other third-party information posted on our website and via other forms of communication to the extent permissible under the law. We shall only be responsible for the rail transportation services, and products and services that it directly provides. We make no representations that any third-party information is without errors or omissions and encourages users to contact third-party providers for up-to-date information. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.